Lea

Hey kids, where do you get your avatars from?

Most of us (or probably just me) pinch their character's faces from an established tv show, movie or favourite celebrity.

My characters have been around for a few years now and I've found my sources to be a weird mixed bag - from terrible movies to J-rock (yeah I went through the phase, no I'm not ashamed 😉)

My question to you is, where do you get your faces from? What makes you decide that the mug you're staring at is indeed the right fit for your character?

Or are you the type to see a face and want to build a character based on it? (I'm guilty of this too 🙂)

• Like 1

It depends really.

I've changed my playbys from a lot of sources in the past. Arali'an's now fits her perfectly when it didn't before and I went through a few faces for her. Same with Tatiana, too. I'm happy with them both. Daron's (if he was still alive) probably would have had to have changed because he would have been older and race wise? He would be dead.

Sometimes I watch a tv show and get an idea for a character or I have an idea then see someone, and instantly think. PERFECT! 😄

So many options!

Hrmmm. I havent RP'ed since the dawn of time and haven't really thought about how I pick the face.  Usually I find an actor I like (then search movies/tv they've been in - and hope they've been in a historical/fantasy) but its depending on the charater as well, if its a parody character I find a funny character from a historical movie/tv - mainstream included), while serious characters I would get the characters bio down and stuff then  google brunette female warrior or something and hope I randomly come across an appropriate actor haha

OR

I ask Manda lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tiff said:

I ask Manda lol

LOL!

I love being asked for character ideas with faces. I watch that much tv I may as well put it to good use! 😄

4 minutes ago, Lindis said:

I literally look for famous black people. XD

Whenever I see Gugu Mbatha-Raw  I think of you xD